When you’re a lawyer, one of the most important parts of your job is to interview witnesses involved in the case you’re trying to gain valuable information about the case. You use the testimonies of these witnesses to determine what your argument is going to be. When witness interviews take place before a hearing, they’re call depositions, and they are legally permitted to be used in a case. However, often times a lawyer will run into the problem that the witness doesn’t live close to them. In this case, they’ll do a video conference. The video conference will be set up between the lawyer and the witness, the lawyer will make sure that the witness understands what’s going on and gives their consent to be interviewed, and then the testimony from the witness can be used in court.
Such videos are known as legal videos, and they’re completely permissible in court. Let’s say you’re a lawyer living in Baton Rouge. All you need to do is hire a┬áBaton Rouge legal videos company, set up the appointment with the witness, and then have the company create you a legal video that will the be usable in court. Of course, in order for this to work right, you have to hire the right legal videos company. Here are five things that you should look for in a Baton Rouge company that offers legal videos.
1. Experience. The first thing to look for in a┬áBaton Rouge deposition services┬ácompany that will help you create legal videos is that they’re experienced in the field. The more time they’ve spent creating legal videos for lawyers, the better they’ll be at it. It’s really that simple.
2. Professionalism. You also want to pick a legal video services company that’s professional. The last thing you need is for them to create a video for you that doesn’t come out sounding right, or for them to talk over you while you’re trying to interview a key witness.
3. Reliability. Of course, you need to be confident that the videos you’re paying for are actually going to sound and look good, so you need to pick a company that’s reliable. It’s not going to do you any good if the videos don’t come out right.
4. Confidential. Fourth, pick a company that will keep everything you and the witness say completely confidential. The very last thing that you need is for someone who works for the legal video services company you hire to start blabbing around town about what you and the witness discussed.
5. Affordable. Finally, the legal videos company you hire should be relatively affordable. You don’t want to have to empty your firm’s coffers just to get a video or two that might not even be that integral to your final argument regarding the case.
Baton Rouge Court Reporters is one of the few legal video companies in Baton Rouge that offers everything from this list. They’re an outstanding firm to work with, and they’ll help you create deposition videos that will help you win cases.